Monday, August 10, 2015

Kingdom Dixie at the NCC

The Newport Country Club hosted Kingdom Dixie as part of the Newport VT Jazz Festival.  We were scheduled to be outside, but it was so hot that they decided we should be inside.  I think it worked out well for them, since many in the audience bought food and drink.  In the morning Richard called me and asked me to bring my PA - I worried that it might not work.  Setup was pretty frantic, and I didn't get a chance to check it much.  It barely amplified anything.

I was SO TIRED, and SO VERY RELIEVED when Richard called for a break.  We had to add a few tunes to finish out the two hours.  I had a V8 and figured out the PA (had to crank everything, including the equalizer).  Also bought a coffee.  Felt better for the second half.

We had Dan Ryan playing with us.  He did a great job, especially considering he didn't know most of the tunes.  He read Chris' music and I tried to help him with cues.  Woody hadn't played in a few days, so had Chris play a solo part in one tune.  I have GOT to learn that melody part that I have in one of the songs - I always skip it.

This may be our last gig for the year.....

No comments: