Saturday, June 29, 2013

Monami at the Gateway (with playlist)

Last night I got to watch my son's band, The Session Guys, play a gig at the Gateway Center in Newport and it reminded me of Monami's gig at the same location.  His band was playing upstairs, and ours was downstairs....
The Session Guys upstairs at the Gateway
Monami downstairs at the Gateway
This was June of 2012 (really hard to believe it was just a year ago!)  I remember the gig being very strange, because we were TOTALLY the center of attention, and people were sitting down enjoying the music.  It freaked me out a little bit, and I think the others too, because we all made some weird little mistakes at first (I remember specifically having a problem on Rhiannon).  It took us quite a while to get in the zone.  The were a lot of people in the audience, and it took me a long time to go around and talk to everyone when we had a break.  During our final set (bands always have to be done by 10:00pm there) I had these killer stomach cramps.  I'm not really sure how I kept playing!  It's the only time I've experienced that.

I haven't posted a Monami setlist yet, so here's a typical setlist:



-- SET 1 --

Need You Now
Here For the Party
Before he Cheats
Don’t Misunderstand Me
Jet Airliner
Paris (Ooh LaLa)
Gimme 3 Steps
My Kinda Party
Don’t Stop Believin’
To Make You Feel My Love
Long Train
China Grove
Carry On Wayward Son


-- SET 2 --

Who Knew
U Give Love Bad Name
That Smell
Dream On
Sweet Emotion
Workin...Weekend
Sunshine of Your Love
Right Here Waiting

SET 2 (cont.)

Relentless
Hot Blooded
Crossroads
Kerosene
I Run To You
Alright Now


-- SET 3 --

White Room
Goodbye to You
Heartbreaker
Down on the Corner
Heartache Tonight
Sober
Everybody Wants You
Runnin Down a Dream
The Thrill is Gone
Black Velvet
Wild Thing


--  Rhiannon?

No comments: