Sunday, June 23, 2013

An old gig with MONAMI - in the barn

I want to remember these gigs, so before they fade away too far, I want to blog these.  The details won't be as clear, but at least it'll be something.  This gig took place in the early summer/late spring of 2012 (or maybe 2011..?)  It was a closer gig than normal, but I got there early as usual - or I thought I did.  The description I had was that it was at the barn where the elk are located, on Main St in Derby.  Larry (guitar/vox) thought so also, and he and I arrived, talked, and waited.  Turns out it was a street over at the cow barn, where there was a cow viewing before the next day's auction.  Mona (keyb/vox) and Andre (drums/vox) We set up in a corner of the cleanest barn I've ever seen.  We got to eat, and then we played.  Nobody danced until the end, when the owner and his wife did so.  The real downside was the dust that ended up on all the equipment.  They kept reassuring us that they were enjoying the music though, and that the cows loved it!


No comments: