Monday, February 2, 2015

Big Whiskey Social Club at Darlene's Party

It feels like it's been a long time since I've updated this, but gigs have not been numerous lately.  This gig was really successful, though, we made lots of good contacts, and picked up at least two gigs.  I felt really good while playing, like I was invincible.

At one point I was moving my mic stand and the song started - I began the Johnny Cash bassline by tapping it with my right hand.  Another time my strap came off, but since it was in A, I didn't even miss anything....!  I only sang Aw Naw, but it went really well.


-->
Drink in my hand - Stu
Watermelon Crawl - Stu
Little less talk - Stu
Cocaine Blues - Stu
I hold on - John
Sweet Home Alabama - Andre
Born on a Bayou - Stu
Get rhythm - Stu - first time we ever played this tune.  It was a little rough.
Big Green Tractor - Stu
Friday night - Andre
God bless Texas - Stu
Kickit in the Sticks - John

-->
Neon light - Andre
Something about a truck - Stu
achy breaky heart - Stu
Cruise - John
Country Girl - John
Folsom Prison - Roger
Take a little ride - Stu
How I got to be this way- Bill  - didn't play this one
Can't You See - Stu
Wagon Wheel - Stu
My kind of night - Andre
-->
Parking Lot Party - Andre
Save a horse - John
Homegrown Honey - Stu
Aw naw - Bill - listen to it HERE
Sweet Caroline - Stu
5-1-5-0 - Stu
In the AM - John
Turn the Page - Stu
Boys 'round here - Stu
Red Solo Cup - Andre
Family tradition - Stu - I don't think we played this one
Honky Tonk Be-donk-e-donk - Stu

No comments: