Sunday, May 25, 2014

the Spidey Project

The Spidey Project was ONE performance only, on May 16, 2014.  I played bass, Aaron Carr on guitar, Micah Carbonneau on drums, and Mark Violette was keyboards/music director.  The music was interesting, very rock-based and maybe even a little progressive-sounding.  Everything was plugged into a mixing board, and the sound man controlled our balance - it's tough, because I'm not completely sure I trusted it!  People kept telling me there was too much bass, but there's nothing I could do about it.  I know we sounded good, though, and playing for the school and playing for the audience that evening were both just about perfect for me.  I think there were some issues on stage, but overall the performance was fantastic and the auditorium was packed.

No comments: