Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kyle & Bill at the Tavern

So Kyle Chadburn, guitar & vocals, was abandoned for a gig at the Tavern.  His singing and percussion-playing cohort Travis couldn't make it on a Saturday night.  In fact in looks like he can't make many Saturday nights at all, and I may fill in for him some more.  Kyle had a small PA set up and I played through that, using my pedalboard.  Not sure I really needed the pedal, but it gave me a little more control and a longer connection to the PA.We played a mix of ETA songs, Kingdom Dixie songs, and requests (I need to do these blog posts sooner, so I remember what we played, especially when there's no set list).  Kyle is SO good at figuring out songs on the spot.  All I had to do was follow along.  For such a low-pressure gig (the same day as Northeast Auditions!) it paid just fine.  I hope to do it again!

No comments: