Thursday, May 20, 2010

PARADE SEASON... continued

So our first parade of the season was cancelled, but there’s another one! Our 2nd parade will be Monday, May 31, on Main St. in Newport. It will begin at 10:00.

This is a fun parade because there's a BIG audience, and we get to play the song ("Stars & Stripes") a lot. We start up near the Family Dollar and march down to the Causeway bridge near Gardner Park. We don't march into the park, though, and we don't take part in the ceremonies there. I always hope that my more mature students will stay for them, but I don't force them to stay. There's one sharp corner, right at the beginning, but other than that it's a real easy route, too. After that, I walk back up to get my car. It's usually a really good day, and hopefully it doesn't rain - we don't march in the rain!

No comments: